Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Rider Profile: Lewis Hipkins



UK #2 and World #7, Lewis is our youngest rider on our team.

Age:6

How Long racing?
I have been racing since i was 4 yrs old.

First Bike
My dad got me a little gt micro from Alans BMX.

First Race
It was a regional at chesterfield it was great as the track is really fast and i won my first medal.

Favourite Rider
My old team mate Kelvin Batey ,the world no 1 in the 7s Tyler (T Rex)Fuller who i met in Brasil (im still waiting for that race shirt you promised me just in case you read this),and all my mates around the country .

Favourite Tracks
Paris Bercy 05 is my bestest track ,Harworth,Chesterfield,Cheddar i like any tracks with a long rythm section as im really fast at power and pump as my dad calls it .

Training Schedule
My Dad says i cant tell you, i just keep riding my bike really and do sprints up my lane outside my house .

Pre Race Food Bacon Sarnie ,Chocolate bar,sweets ,
(Ahem, I'll have to have a word about this - Alan)

Current race bike
Avent Micro mini about to be painted to my favourite colours ,Bombshell F1 forks ,and loads of top parts put on by Alan at Alans BMX .com .This bike is great its my favourite one ive had since ive started racing.

Race History
I have won loads of regional races and series,In my first year i finished 7th nationally and made the world final at Paris Bercy in 05 and finished w8 .In 2006 i finished 2nd nationally,2nd in the British Championships and made another world final in Brasil and finished w7 after my dad said was the worst gate i had all day ,but my mom and dad was really pleased that i made the final and they bought me a nintendo DS with mario kart which i play in between races.

Ambitions
I would like to make another world final in Canada next year and improve on my W7 ,and i would like to be the british no 1 in 2007 My new team manager is Mike Pardon or Mike Supercross as i call him is going to run regular training sessions for the team so im hoping he will make me faster.

Biggest rivals
In England its Gideon Orena and Ethan Vernon who are my main rivals in Brasil it was the fast kids from ecador and columbia they were way fast .

Check out Lewis' own Blog here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home